Monday 11 June 2012

Blogging Spencers Agents Sheffield

Spencers Update - what is happening with you?

We are pleased to report that the year to date is going incredibly well for Spencers Agents in Sheffield. We know that the world is busy talking about our dear Queen and the Olympics, and the fact that I have time to blog in an evening can only mean that my television has been kidnapped by my Mr Bullen who has decided that The Only Way is Euro2012 in our house.....
 
So, what do we all think? Tell me your thoughts; did you love the Jubilee long weekend, even though it may have rained a little? (I hardly noticed) Are we all excited about the Olympics? Or have we all only got tickets to the events that we didn't really want to go to? Do we think that Roy Hodgson's England have a chance in hell?? 

So, for what they are worth, these are our thoughts. The Jubilee was blooming marvelous. The Queen was as dignified and heroic as ever and everyone, apart from every American that said "Happy Birthday", did a wonderful job of making our Great Britain look truly great, which it is. I love it that the whole country stood up proudly and said "look how wonderfully we pull together as a nation to respect and celebrate our country". Hurrah. God save the Queen. 

The Olympics will pass us by, I fear, and all I have seen of the torch so far is a rather shameful obsession with Will.I.Am that I seem to have, even if he was one of the nuts that said "Happy Birthday" to our Queenie. We will all sit for four or five hours waiting for the 100m record to be beaten by Mr Bolt only for it to pass us by in 9.whatever seconds and there won't be a man in the country that doesn't secretly set a reminder for the Volleyball tournament.... I am watching you Mr Bullen. I will relish in watching the diving, as always, and am wondering whether the weather will be good enough to complete the organisation of my Spencers Olympic tournament complete with egg and spoon, sack race, and wheelbarrow. Input a team if you are brave enough. 

So, to the football. Maybe I should know about this, just a little. I am sure my first words were "off-side trap" having been raised in a football obsessed family, and I may have watched more football, of sorts, growing up than most. The majority of my childhood consisted of my mum covering my ears with mittens to mask my dad's language whilst he played, watched my brother, and dragged us round the country watching Manchester United. And then there is my significant other, who has spent his entire life and career playing football. So, do I think, with my vast experience, that England have a chance? Not a prayer. I believe that any team has to have a bond as strong as blood to succeed, like we have at Spencers. So, Mr Hodgson, back to the drawing board for me. 

If anyone, among all of the sport and fun, frolicking, drinking and celebrating, would like to take a look at our website www.SpencersEstateAgents.co.uk we have some rather fabulous properties at the moment and heading out to view a couple could be your perfect excuse to get out the house and away from the television.... or to torture your other half who just happens to have sat down in front of the volleyball.  

No comments:

Post a Comment